Skip to main content

Same Industry, Different Business: Why Building Relationships is Just as Important as Competitiveness

Today I want to talk about how I overcame being the new Black Owned Business directory on the block! Just like EVERY business owner, you have competitors. What can be so frustrating is when you come up with an innovative concept, more established businesses catch wind of it and make it their own.  BUT that's business! I use to get caught up in building a platform a large as my competitors and at times losing sight of my purpose/vision. Anything worth having is worth working for and waiting for. I wanted to be THE GO-TO Black owned business resource for my people YESTERDAY!

But one of the things I am most passionate about when it comes to iSpeakLOUD and my personal life is leading by example. While my competitors may be just that (competitors), there is also an opportunity to work with them and create business relationships.  For example, I just relocated to Fort Pierce, FL and I have been doing a great deal of networking. I was introduced to a Queen who happens to run the Treasure Coast Black Owned Business Directory. It is a local directory that you can access online and they handout hardcopies as well. Upon meeting her, she asked 'because we do similar work, how can we form a mutually beneficial relationship?'

Great question, it was an opportunity for me to explain how a national Black owned business resource can be the resource for her as well. After talking for a little over an hour we decided there was so much we could do together to benefit our clients and encourage unparalleled support to their businesses.

It is so important that we teach this art of business to upcoming entrepreneurs in our community because who wants to reinvent the wheel anyways? 'Strong Black owned businesses build other strong Black owned businesses' -Anonymous. I am excited to announce that iSpeakLOUD will be opening up partnerships for local Black owned business directories to encourage building business relationships and setting an example of leadership in our community. If you or anyone you know has a local Black owned business directory, please give them my direct contact information to discuss the details of this opportunity.

We will be featuring these local directories on our social media platforms and here on our blog so that Black business owners can take advantage of the exposure! While I started with only a directory, I am well on my way to building a new standard of business and becoming the Premier Black Owned Business Resource I can be proud of.


iSpeakLOUD's Vision:

Economic advancement is key to the empowerment of the Black community. Here at iSpeakLOUD
Solutions, LLC we will encourage this growth by providing an elite online directory of Black owned
businesses across the country, a virtual services board and a secure online marketplace. Our vision is to build a strong economic foundation in the Black community here in North America as well as Black communities all over the world. This will not only encourage lasting business relationships and cohesion in our community but it will normalize entrepreneurship so that our children can aspire higher.

Peace family
Charlotte

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Business Owners: Why Client Experience SELLS!

TOO OFTEN I hear my peers talk about their bad experiences with Black owned businesses. I would defend my people to the DEATH! But at some point we have to hold each other accountable. You do that when you love someone. With over thirteen years of customer service experience I felt qualified to give 3 tips that will help increase sales and drive business. Currently I am a financial investment advisor for a well known broker dealer in the United States and at this point in my career I can say that no matter what business you're in, these three tips will WORK! I started out in retail and learned the basics, you know, 'the customer is always right' and when became a licensed professional I realized that there was much more to that. What it really means is, as long as I am doing everything right my clients won't have anything to complain about and if they do I didn't do everything right. Now I know some of you are saying 'people will complain even when you do everyt

The Million Dollar Tip I Learned From My Two Year Olds Book

Peace Family, I was in the bookstore this week looking for books for my two year old son who absolutely loves reading time. I sat down on the floor next to the shelf of books that I know he'd love. There was a Dr. Seuss shelf not too far from me and after a while I decided to take a look. My son has never really expressed any liking to the Dr. Seuss books we have at home but I figured 'why not?' The first one I grabbed was Green Eggs & Ham. I read the book and it occurred to me that Sam-I-Am was on to something. In fact, he had a great lesson to offer business owners, not just children. Sam-I-Am is Marc Cuban, Richard Branson, Robert F. Smith, Quintin Primo III and so many more! If you've read this book then you'd know why I compared Sam-I-Am to some of the world's most successful entrepreneurs, millionaires. We hear it all of the time, CONSISTENCY is key so I found it quite amusing that even though the character kept saying 'I do not like green eggs

Becoming An Entrepreneur Changed My Life

Just like many business owners in the Black community I assumed putting together the basis of my business would be similar to baking an instant cake. I would gather my ingredients, mix them and throw it in the oven to bake. The only problem is, my cake (business) didn't rise. I thought to myself 'I must be missing something' only I couldn't figure out what it was! February of 2015 I completed something for the first time in my life on my own and it felt amazing! I became a licensed Investment financial advisor. I was working for one of the top financial brokerage firms in America. Life was GREAT!  February 2016 I delivered my first iSpeakLOUD seminar broadcast. It struck something in me, talking about the Black community and our issues; ways to possibly solve them. This went on for a few months but then it occurred to me that I am capable of doing more. Talking about it just didn't cut it anymore. I sought out someone to build me a website and iSpeakLOUD Sol