Skip to main content

What's In It For Me?

 Up until this point I've had a lot of conversations with black business owners regarding business building best practice tips, client experience skills and social media marketing.  But the one thing that always comes up in every conversation, coaching session, workshop, event etc. is the most anticipated question, WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?   This question is very simple but so very important.  It's the single most critical way to communicate your value.  I want to give you guys three important things to think of whenever you are communicating the 'what's in it for me?' answer to your clients. As consumers that's the one thing they're looking for! If you address these three areas you will have effectively established the benefits of doing business with you.

 The first thing you want to address is, is it going to save your client time?  Convenience is so very important in this day and age and everyone wants to save time and everybody wants convenience.  How are you helping your clients save time? How are your services or products making their lives more convenient?  Time is a very important matter and for people like me who lead a very busy lifestyle, getting straight to the point establishing how I'm going to save time by utilizing your product or service is a BIG WIN.

 The second thing you want to address is, will it give your client a peace of mind?  We can't forget that there's a problem and as a business owner you want to always provide the solution.  You are the expert and I'm coming to you as a client to see how can you offer me a peace of mind knowing that the problem that I have is going to have a solution by doing business with you.

 Last but not least, in fact, the most important point of all, is it going to save your client money?  This can be a bit tricky. Because saving money doesn't always mean something is cheaper. It could also mean that I'm getting a bigger bang for my buck, the quality of service is unparalleled and if you can effectively communicate the quality of your product or service at the same price as a competitor or even perhaps more, you are going to you create lasting client relationships.

 I am currently offering a coaching session on 'What's In It For Me?'  To dive deeper into a more personalized strategy for your individual business.  You can sign up for this coaching session by sending me an email directly at charlotte.louis@ispeakloud.com.  I look forward to working with you and building your brand very soon!

Peace family

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Business Owners: Why Client Experience SELLS!

TOO OFTEN I hear my peers talk about their bad experiences with Black owned businesses. I would defend my people to the DEATH! But at some point we have to hold each other accountable. You do that when you love someone. With over thirteen years of customer service experience I felt qualified to give 3 tips that will help increase sales and drive business. Currently I am a financial investment advisor for a well known broker dealer in the United States and at this point in my career I can say that no matter what business you're in, these three tips will WORK! I started out in retail and learned the basics, you know, 'the customer is always right' and when became a licensed professional I realized that there was much more to that. What it really means is, as long as I am doing everything right my clients won't have anything to complain about and if they do I didn't do everything right. Now I know some of you are saying 'people will complain even when you do everyt

The Million Dollar Tip I Learned From My Two Year Olds Book

Peace Family, I was in the bookstore this week looking for books for my two year old son who absolutely loves reading time. I sat down on the floor next to the shelf of books that I know he'd love. There was a Dr. Seuss shelf not too far from me and after a while I decided to take a look. My son has never really expressed any liking to the Dr. Seuss books we have at home but I figured 'why not?' The first one I grabbed was Green Eggs & Ham. I read the book and it occurred to me that Sam-I-Am was on to something. In fact, he had a great lesson to offer business owners, not just children. Sam-I-Am is Marc Cuban, Richard Branson, Robert F. Smith, Quintin Primo III and so many more! If you've read this book then you'd know why I compared Sam-I-Am to some of the world's most successful entrepreneurs, millionaires. We hear it all of the time, CONSISTENCY is key so I found it quite amusing that even though the character kept saying 'I do not like green eggs

Becoming An Entrepreneur Changed My Life

Just like many business owners in the Black community I assumed putting together the basis of my business would be similar to baking an instant cake. I would gather my ingredients, mix them and throw it in the oven to bake. The only problem is, my cake (business) didn't rise. I thought to myself 'I must be missing something' only I couldn't figure out what it was! February of 2015 I completed something for the first time in my life on my own and it felt amazing! I became a licensed Investment financial advisor. I was working for one of the top financial brokerage firms in America. Life was GREAT!  February 2016 I delivered my first iSpeakLOUD seminar broadcast. It struck something in me, talking about the Black community and our issues; ways to possibly solve them. This went on for a few months but then it occurred to me that I am capable of doing more. Talking about it just didn't cut it anymore. I sought out someone to build me a website and iSpeakLOUD Sol